You've probably figured it out by now...

>> Saturday, July 17, 2010

I've decided to quit posting at The Conscious Shopper. It has been a great two years, but it's time to move on.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post, and especially thanks for your support and kind words. And just to clarify a bit - although I was angry and upset about Diane's email, it wouldn't have amounted to much if I hadn't already had those other ideas floating around in my brain about wanting more time to do things besides blogging, and believing that I could have more of an effect at a local level. The overwhelming thought of having to redesign my header just gave me a reason to finally figure things out.


So what will happen to the Conscious Shopper?

:: The blog will stay right here until Blogger decides to shut it down. If you're new to the site, I suggest starting with those green tabs over in the right-hand side bar, especially the Conscious Shopping tab for all my research and tips on greening your groceries and general shopping.

:: If you're a local reader, you can find me over at the Sustainable Triangle, where I'm attempting to create the definitive guide for going green in the Triangle.

:: If you're taking the Conscious Shopper Challenge, I'll be posting the challenges weekly at both the Sustainable Triangle and the Green Phone Booth.

:: And if you're ever in Raleigh, look me up.



If the loss of the Conscious Shopper is leaving a void in your Google Reader, I recommend (in no particular order):

And of course, the Green Phone Booth and all of the lovely personal blogs by the Booth writers.


If you need some direction on your green journey, I suggest that you:
  1. Green yourself first, and then tell all your friends how great it is.
  2. Vote. (And call your Senators and Representatives to let them know what you think about environmental issues.)
  3. Get to know your neighbors.
  4. Perform an act of eco-service every week.
  5. Get outdoors.
  6. Find a local cause you support and work the heck out of it.

11 comments:

A Green Spell July 17, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

I'm really bummed to hear this news, but I totally understand. I'm having similar issues right now....

I'll keep you on my Reader feed in case you come back from time to time. ;)

Three Little Brown Kids July 17, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

I was just getting started. Sorry to see you go!

Brenda Pike July 17, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Erin. You've been my absolute favorite environmental blog. I've enjoyed your posts and learned a lot from them. I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever you do next.

Eco Yogini July 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

I'm sorry to see you go :( I did so enjoy your thoughts and ideas.

Thank you very much for linking me- I'm honoured! I'm keeping you in my radar in case you ever decide to pick it back up.

Much Light and Peace in your Journey Erin. You are such an inspiring soul.

Lisa

DownDoggin in MN July 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Sounds like you've made the best decision for YOU and that's what's important. Keep enojying the life you've created!

Kristen@TheFrugalGirl July 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Thanks for the link, Erin! And I'm sorry to hear about your trademark problems. Why, oh, why do people have to be such rude idiots when it comes to this stuff? Gah!

Lisa Sharp July 27, 2010 at 4:43 AM  

Sorry to see you go, this was/is a great blog. I'm glad you will still be blogging. Hope you are at peace with this and find joy in your upcoming new adventures!

greenfrugalmama July 29, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

I'm sorry to see you go also, since I JUST found you. :( Good luck!

Beth @ Fake Plastic Fish August 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

Erin, I'm sad that you are quitting blogging here, and maybe you'll change your mind after while. Crunchy Chicken decided to shut down her blog and then a week later she was back again. But if not, I wish you great happiness and success in whatever comes next.

I'm sorry to hear about the incident with Diane. I love you both and have had great interactions with both of you. I'm not going to take sides. Sometimes we step on each others' toes, and it sucks. I hope you and she can work out your differences. The movement needs both of you!

Thank you for including Fake Plastic Fish in your list of green blogs to follow. I intend to keep blogging there until I keel lover. But we'll see what happens. :-)

Diane August 4, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Erin, as I have said before, I support your work and appreciate all the great blogging you have done. Good luck with your work in the Triangle.

Lynn from OrganicMania.com August 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Hi Erin,

I'm sorry to learn you are stopping this blog - you're a great blogger with so much to share. I'm glad to hear that you will continue blogging at The Sustainable Triangle, though - I think you'll get a lot of fulfillment from doing more on the local level. I just checked out the site and it looks awesome - reminds me a bit of what we're doing with Bethesda Green.

And of course, I hope you keep contributing to the Green Moms Carnivals as the spirit moves you - I can add a link to Sustainable Triangle.

Lynn

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP