Challengicious Monday: Keep Up with Your Car Maintenance

>> Thursday, July 8, 2010

This week's very late travel-related challenge is:

Keep Up with Your Car Maintenance


To complete this challenge, you can...

BABY STEPS
  • Keep your tires properly inflated. Every couple of weeks, use a tire pressure gauge to make sure your tires are inflated to the proper level. Keeping your tires inflated can improve your gas mileage and keep your vehicle performing safely.
  • Check your oil at every other fill-up to make sure it's at the proper level. Add more oil if necessary.
  • Keep your car clean both inside and out. Cleanliness increases the life of the car and can help maintain its resale value.
JOGGING STRIDE
  • Change your oil according to your car manufacturer's instructions. Frequent oil changes will maximize the life of your vehicle.
  • Rotate your tires according to your manufacturer's recommendations or every 6,000 miles.
MARATHON RUNNER
  • Follow your manufacturer's instructions for regular maintenance, and keep a record so you know what you've done. Keeping up with your car maintenance will improve your gas mileage and keep your car on the road longer.
Will you take the challenge?

____________________

You have hereby been challenged to go green in a year without going broke! Check out the last challenge, or view the whole list of Challengicious Mondays. Sign up for my RSS feed, follow me on Twitter, and join my "Go Green without Going Broke" group on Facebook!

3 comments:

Garry November 8, 2010 at 10:45 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelina Douglass December 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM  

You’ve cited helpful tips, Erin! :] In addition to these, one should also clean off his car’s brake. For one, dusts on the brake contain nasty elements that may bake in to your wheels. To clean your brake, it’s good to use a damp sponge together with clean water. :]

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP