Challengicious Monday: Bike

>> Monday, June 28, 2010

Mondays are challengicious at The Conscious Shopper. This week's travel-related challenge is:

Bike



BABY STEPS
  • Dig out your old bike and take it for a spin. Work up your biking skills by riding in your subdivision or a nearby park or greenway. If you don't already own a bike, check Craigslist for a good used bike and get a tune-up at a local bike shop.
JOGGING STRIDE
  • Ride a bike to run errands. Fit your bike with a basket or panniers and ride it to the library, farmers market, or corner grocery store. If you've never ridden a bike in a city before, check out these posts (part 1 and part 2) from An Adventure Called Bicycling for safety tips.
MARATHON RUNNER
  • Commute by bike. Commit to biking to and from work. If you're worried about getting sweaty, keep your work clothes in the basket or panniers you installed during the Jogging Stride step and change when you get to work. You can also combine riding and public transit if you live too far from your workplace.
I'm still at Baby Steps on this one, and because of the three little ones, I don't think I'll be riding my bike much any time soon (unless I get one of these babies). But I am going to try taking the bike out for a spin every now and then - maybe riding with the boys at the park.

Will you take the challenge?

____________________

You have hereby been challenged to go green in a year without going broke! Check out the last challenge, or view the whole list of Challengicious Mondays. Sign up for my RSS feed, follow me on Twitter, and join my "Go Green without Going Broke" group on Facebook!

2 comments:

Sense of Home July 1, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

I bike to work whenever I can, which usually is 3 or 4 days a week. One day I have a storyhour across town and would need a cart to carry all the storyhour stuff I bring. I absolutely love biking to work, the fresh air is relaxing and energizing at once.

Gadget July 3, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

When it finally stopped raining and I got to ride my bike to work, I wound up with half the staff trying to figure out whose bike it was.

I get there before most of the staff, and leave at their lunch time. If it wasn't toying with triple digets, I'd get it out during the day. Right now, I have to wait until first thing in the mornings to go for a quick ride.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

© 2008-2010 The Conscious Shopper

You're welcome to link to any posts at The Conscious Shopper, but please do not use images or content from this site without my permission. Contact me at consciousshopperblog@gmail.com.

Disclosure

I do not accept money for writing reviews, but I do accept products for review and to giveaway. When posting a review, I fully disclose any free samples received from the company. I include information provided by the company in my reviews, but all opinions about the product are my own and I will not provide a good review for any product or company just because they sent me some free samples.

Disclaimer

The ideas on this blog are my opinion and are provided for informational purposes and entertainment only. I am not a financial advisor or medical professional. Please do not misconstrue the information on this blog as advice.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP